Brandon Intermediate School
Kia ora koutou nga whanau,
The Prime Minister has announced that New Zealand is moving to COVID-19 Alert Level 2 at Midday on 12/8/2020. At Level 2 schools remain open, public transport and school bus services will run as normal. It is important that anyone with COVID-19 like symptoms or anyone who feels generally unwell stay home from school. Parents and caregivers must let the office know if your child will be away from school because they are displaying any COVID-19 symptoms or if they are unwell.
What we know:
- Children are safe at school. They are less likely to get infected with COVID19, their symptoms are less severe and they are less likely to pass the virus onto others.
- There is no community transmission reported in Wellington or Porirua.
What we are doing:
- The school is open for instruction please send your kids to school every day. Under Alert Level 2, children not at school will be recorded as absent.
- Staff and students who are unwell for any reason and their siblings, must stay home.
- Students and staff who become unwell will be isolated, monitored and sent home as soon as possible.
- Parents are asked to stay out of the school buildings and can drop off or collect children from the carpark/driveway area.
- We will provide good contact tracing in case of transmission.
- Handwashing education and additional supplies such as hand sanitiser & liquid soap are in use in all classes and public spaces.
- Additional cleaning programmes are in place such as disinfecting door handles and common surfaces at least twice daily.
- Currently all external school trips are suspended.
All students will be briefed today on behaviour expectations for Alert Level 2:
- Physical Distancing - this means everyone maintaining a physical distance so that they are not breathing on or touching each other
- Good hygiene practices - coughing into your elbow, handwashing and drying and regular cleaning of commonly touched surfaces.
We are well prepared after our excellent response during Level 2, 3 and 4 and we will all play our part to minimise the risk of further spread.
Parents and caregivers of any students with serious underlying health issues who have concerns please contact the school and request to speak to one of our Deputy Principals.
23rd & 24th October 2020
Jubilee Registration Form.pdf