Brandon Intermediate School
- Children are safe at school. They are less likely to get infected with COVID19, their symptoms are less severe and they are less likely to pass the virus onto others.
- There is no community transmission reported in Wellington or Porirua.
- It is very important we return to school as soon as possible so children feel like life is returning to normal.
- The longer students are away the harder it will be to return to normal routines.
- The school is open for instruction as of Monday 18th May. Please send your kids to school every day. Under Alert Level 2, children not at school will be recorded as absent.
- Staff and students who are unwell for any reason and their siblings, must stay home.
- Students and staff who become unwell will be isolated, monitored and sent home as soon as possible.
- Parents are asked to stay out of the school buildings and can drop off or collect children from the carpark/driveway area.
- We will provide good contact tracing in case of transmission.
- Handwashing education and additional supplies such as hand sanitiser & liquid soap are in use in all classes and public spaces.
- Additional cleaning programmes are in place such as disinfecting door handles and common surfaces at least twice daily.
- Online Zoom meetings and weekly online learning timetables will stop as of Monday 18th May.
- Currently all school trips are suspended.
- Until further notice, all community gatherings are suspended including assemblies, homework club and whole MPA, however there may be syndicate only events.
Kia ora koutou,
As we move into Level two of “New Zealand’s Unit against Covid 19” war, it is time to reflect.
Brandon Intermediate’s Board of Trustees would like to extend a huge thank you to all our families for your support.
We know there have been challenges - but we also know that there have been some real positive outcomes along the way.
As parents and caregivers, you have been required to become teachers - many of you have learned a lot of new ways to use the internet, and how to support a child with their learning.
It is hoped that as a school, we can gather your thoughts, and work how we can maintain the positive momentum.
Please, take the time to fill in our, real short, survey. We promise to share our findings and include you in what new ideas we will be developing.
Here also, is a link that may be very useful - it has tips and advice for us all as we move into level two.